Cellulite & Coffee Grounds
Looking for a way to reduce your cellulite? One home remedy that women swear by is the use of coffee grounds to remove or reduce the look of cellulite on the body. There are thousands of women who swear that this well-known home remedy is successful and works.
The main reason why you will find a lot of women trying coffee grounds to reduce cellulite is the fact that coffee is an active ingredient in many, if not most, anti-cellulite creams. These anti-cellulite creams are promoted as being able to smooth, firm and tighten your skin to the point that it diminishes the appearance of unsightly cellulite. So if you are to take an educated guess, there is a good possibility that directly applying coffee grounds could have the same topical effect on the skin as the creams.
Another way to look at the coffee grounds as a cellulite treatment is that it could also be used to exfoliate the skin. The coarse nature of the substance helps to agitate and arouse the skin cells. It will also remove the dead skin and reduce the size of your pores. When exfoliating, the coffee grounds used will help to firm and tone your skin and with that the overall look of cellulite on the body (in theory).
Coffee Grounds Cellulite Home Remedy
The use of coffee grounds to combat cellulite has been a method that has been around for decades. It is a simple and cost effective way to combat the dreaded enemy cellulite. Many women have claimed that this remedy works, so it really does not hurt to try :).
Things You Will Need: coffee grounds, newspaper, olive oil, rolling pin, (seaweed – optional), saran wrap.
- Get some old newspapers and spread it on your bathroom floor. This will help with cleanup as you really do not want to make a mess.
- Get about a handful of coffee grounds. Mix this with a tablespoon of olive oil. You should have a nice little mixture. You can microwave the coffee ground mixture for a short period of time to warm it up.
- While standing on the newspaper, apply the coffee grounds to the cellulite afflicted areas of the body. Rub the coffee mixture on the skin generously and don’t worry about the mix falling on the floor, that’s what the newspaper is there for.
- The majority of the coffee mixture will fall on the newspaper; however, there will be a generous amount of the mix on the affected cellulite regions.
- If you have seaweed which can be bought at your local health shop, apply it to the area that you just rubbed with the coffee. Use the saran wrap to hold the seaweed in place. If you do not have seaweed, just wrap your body part and allow the mixture to set for a couple of minutes.
- Remove the wrap and brush off the excess coffee mixture.
- Shower with warm water.
- This procedure is most effective when repeated twice a week.
- You should see a reduction in the look of cellulite after doing it.
There is no guarantee that this quick home remedy will work, but there are tons of women who swear that it does. After doing this coffee treatment, women have reported that there is a reduction in the appearance of cellulite on the body.
I am pretty sure that if you do this coffee ground/cellulite treatment, you are going to see some positive results. Give it a try and see how it works out for you. If it does work, you will have a nifty little method you can use to reduce the look of cellulite on the body.