Women all over the world are struggling with cellulite on their buttocks and thighs. For some, this condition is their worst nightmare. There are some women who have cellulite from as early as eighteen years old, while others may notice the first ripple at age forty. The main reason why cellulite is a nightmare for most women is because there is no known cure. The best solution is to reduce or minimize its appearance.
The first thing that you need to understand when trying to hide the appearance of unsightly cellulite is that it’s not a medical condition. Cellulite comes about because of excess fat deposits in the body and fluid retention in the subcutaneous tissue below the skin’s surface. When fluids and fats accumulate, this will result in a dimpled effect.
Cellulite is caused by many aggravating factors, but hormones such as progesterone and estrogen are the most common triggers. Poor circulation and water retention are also contributing factors. This is why most of the cellulite treatments are made to concentrate on reducing the volume and the size of fat cells; draining the lymphatic system; promoting lipolysis and improving micro-vascular circulation.
Although gels, lotions and creams can help to enhance the appearance of cellulite and firm up the skin, the topical applications cannot provide you with a long-term solution. You could also try radical treatments such as hormone therapy or surgery, but these will only result in side effects and cause your skin to thin out.
So, How Can You Reduce Cellulite and Manage this Nightmare?
1. Drink a lot of filtered or purified water to remove toxic substance from your body and keep the cells hydrated. This can help to increase your energy level as well as the overall look of your skin.
2. Exoliate the affected areas daily to stimulate blood circulation. Rosemary essential oil can help to stimulate blood flow and circulation, whilst Juniper berry, lemon and grapefruit will detox the tissues. You can use brown sugar and sea salt to make a body scrub.
3. Maintain a balanced diet with a lot of fiber, phyto-nutrients, protein, nuts, fish oils and flaxseeds. This will provide essential nutrients to promote healthy regeneration of cells, balance hormones and fight off free radicals.
4. Regular massage, especially the deep tissue therapy, can provide many therapeutic and health benefits. This includes enhancing lymph drainage, increasing detoxification and improving blood flow.
5. Exercise on a regular basis to stimulate fat burning mechanisms, improve lymphatic drainage as well as increase blood flow and circulation.
These are just some of the things that you can do to reduce the overall look of cellulite. Since you cannot prevent or completely eliminate this condition, you need to find a way to deal with it. Take good care of your skin and body if you want to minimize the effects of cellulite.