Countless women in the world are affected by the dreaded skin condition called cellulite. Many people look for different ways to try and cure or reduce the look of it on their body. It has been documented that if a woman changes her diet the chances of her reducing cellulite increases.
To reduce cellulite some people engage in an exercise regimen and this should be done at least 3 times a week. This could include going to the gym or doing a brisk walk for 30 minutes a day. This along will not help in the reduction of cellulite, however combine this with the anti-cellulite diet and you are well on your way to getting rid of cellulite.
The anti-cellulite diet is a perfect way to start in the battle against cellulite. It is not the only way to fight cellulite, but combined with a proper diet and exercise plan, then it can help tremendously. We start with the anti-cellulite diet by focusing on certain foods that women should eat as it is beneficial in their fight against cellulite. Fruits and vegetables are usually some of the main ingredients in a anti-cellulite diet. They contain nutrients that are very effective against cellulite.
Foods You Should Eat:
In searching for the best foods you should focus on eating foods that are simple fiber and low fat. This is much easier on the body and allows your body to work effectively and efficiently.
Aside from eating healthy food, you should also eat a substantial amount of fruit and vegetables. You ask which fruits and vegetables are the best at fighting toxins and combating cellulite? Here are some of the most beneficial and nutrient packed fruits and vegetables:
Fruits and Vegetables
List of Fruits & Vegetables
- Oranges & grapefruits are full of Vitamin C and they are great for the skin.
- Pineapples are good for revitalizing the skin.
- Mangos are good if you looking to boost the blood circulation.
- Bananas have a lot of potassium and they are good at decreasing fluid-retention in the body.
- Papaya . Their antioxidants are said to prevent tissue damage
- Apples s and high in fibre, apples are an excellent way to supplement your diet. They are full of toxin-battling antioxidants and pectin – a gel-forming fibre that helps to detoxify the digestive tract.
- Berries have antioxidants, which helps to prevent damage to the tissues.
- Watermelons have lycopene which is antioxidant. If you are looking to increase blood circulation…
Berries are some of the yummiest, tastiest, juiciest, sweetest and oh so delicious things on the earth. You can have your pick of strawberries, blackcurrants, raspberries cranberries, blueberries, and blackberries as they are all great for the body and excellent in the fight against cellulite.
You see, berries are full of antioxidants and this makes them good at handling the toxins that can affect the fat cells that in-turn, result in cellulite on the body.
“Antioxidants are important disease-fighting compounds. Scientists believe they help prevent and repair the stress that comes from oxidation, a natural process that occurs during normal cell function. A small percentage of cells becomes damaged during oxidation and turns into free radicals, which can start a chain reaction to harming more cells and possibly disease.”1
The more berries you consume is the more antioxidants you will have battling against all those nasties that affect your body. It is good to incorporate them into your daily diet.
Berries are also a good snack to eat, especially if you are planning on losing some weight.
Overdose on fresh fruit and vegetables. If you want the maximum amount of vitamins and minerals from these items, they should be eaten raw or steamed.
- Vegetables such as spinach, cauliflower they all have skin-strengthening lecithin Carrots Tomatoes Fennel Bell peppers
- Soya, they all have skin-strengthening lecithin
- tomatoes – they all have skin-strengthening lecithin
- Watermelon, cucumber, celery and asparagus: Diuretic foods that fight fluid retention
- Well-cooked pulse such as lentils, mung beans and red kidney beans are good sources of fibre. Broccoli, peas and lima beans, which supposedly help fight iflammation of the connective tissue
- Cucumber A build-up of fluid in the body can also trigger the onset of cellulite, no matter what age or size you are. Eating diuretic foods, like cucumber, c
- Foods that contain phytochemicals and antioxidants. These substances help cleanse the body and combat free radicals. Free radicals are substances that reduce our health and can contribute to wrinkling, fat build up and more. Excellent food choices include dark green leafy vegetables and fruits.
- Organic fruits and vegetables are excellent foods for cleansing your body and helping eliminate stored toxins. Fresh fruits and vegetables contain multiple compounds like fiber, phytochemicals and minerals that help rid the body of pollutants. Fruits and vegetables also contain antioxidants that help reduce the damage inflicted on our bodies by free radicals (like those in smoke and alcohol).
- Add onions into your meal – onion is great to get rid of cellulite. It helps release water build-up from skin cells.
- Make sure to consume nutrients in Vitamin B, C and E, essential fatty acids, glucosamine, calcium, iodine, fibre and potassium – e.g. avocados, oily fish, bananas, bran and oat cereals, pears, asparagus, broccoli and such are all good sources of foods to treat cellulite.
Other Types of Cellulite Fighting Food
We have examined a list of the fruits and vegetables that can be very effective in the anti-cellulite diet. We will now examine a list of other cellulite fighting foods that work excellently with the anti-cellulite diet. For the anti-cellulite diet to work you should each food that is high in essential fatty acids and antioxidant minerals. These kinds of foods will help regulate your body’s fat metabolism. Oily fishes, nuts and seeds are good selections in this category. One should drink water in large amounts, around 1 to 2 liters daily. It will help cleanse the system and flush toxins from the body.
To fight cellulite your anti-cellulite should consist of food that can help your body as mentioned above. Listed below are a list of foods that will work best with your anti-cellulite diet and your way to reduce cellulite.
- Proteins such as white fish, chicken, beans and pulses: these contain amino acids that fight fluid retention
- Oily fish: As well as being a good source of protein, this also contains essential fats that hydrate the skin (making cellulite less noticeable)
- Avocado: also vital for healthy skin – plus essential fats help you burn more body fat
- Eggs: Incredibly high in detoxifying agents
- Bran and oat cereals: Breakfast stokes the metabolism leading to easier weight loss – plus cereals contain high levels of antioxidants
- Low-fat dairy products: calcium in these increases the amount of body fat you lose while dieting
- Salmon, walnuts, almonds and olive oil. They’re rich in essential fatty acids, which help repair skin tissue
- Poultry, skimmed milk and eggs. The amino acids they contain will boost your collagen levels
- Drink plenty of water daily (at least 2 liters) to flush out toxins stored in fat tissues.
- Eat plenty of fresh vegetables and fruits, at least 5 servings daily.
- Drink herbal or decaffeinated coffee instead.
- Eat plenty of fiber and wholegrain foods – fiber helps to get rid of waste products from the intestinal tract.
- Drink a glass of hot water with fresh lemon the first thing in the morning to detoxify your body.
- Modify caffeine-laden tea and coffee to herbal teas and decaffeinated coffee.
- Ensures about fiber in the food
Foods You Should Avoid!
This is one section that you are going to hate, just because most of the foods that I am going to tell you to avoid are the ones that everybody loves.
In life there is good/bad and as such just like there are foods that affect cellulite positively, there are also foods that make cellulite worse. For those of you who really want to get rid of cellulite on the body, then you are definitely going to have to reduce, limit or eliminate some of the foods I mention below from your diet.
Foods High in Saturated Fat
All of those greasy junk foods that you love such as burgers, fries, pizzas, etc. are all full of saturated fat. If you are serious about beating cellulite, you should cut down or eliminate these foods from your diet. Instead of eating fried foods, you should opt for something that is steamed or grilled.
Butter, cheese and other dairy products should also be kept at a minimum level in your diet.
Food That are Full of Sugar
It is said that foods that are full of sugar contribute to the inflammation of the tissue, which in-turn makes cellulite on the body look worse. High consumption levels of sugar can also slow down the circulation of arteries and blood vessels.
You should stay away from all those sugary foods such as cakes, biscuits, soda, pastries etc.
When you cut down on foods that have a high sugar content, you will have a positive impact on your weight, which can positively affect the look of cellulite on the body.
All those chips, junk food and tin food that are high in sodium are a major contributor to cellulite. Salty food causes the body to retain water, which then results in the cellulite having a more pronounced appearance.
Cutting back on salty foods is also good for your health as high sodium intake can result in other health problems.
All those carbohydrate laden foods that you love will also have to go. Things like white bread, white rice, potatoes etc . have to be cut out of the diet if you want to reduce the look of the skin condition. When you eat these foods that are high in carbohydrates, if you do not exercise, you will find out that you will gain weight. The more weight you gain, is the more pronounced the cellulite will look.
You can eat less of these items or substitute things like white rice for brown rice, white sugar for brown sugar and white bread for whole-wheat bread.
Even though there is some use of coffee to treat cellulite, the overconsumption of caffeine can have a negative effect. Too much caffeine can result in poor blood circulation, a negative impact on lymph flow and can result in toxins to build up in the body. If you love coffee, tea, colas, then cut it out of the diet, or limit the amount that you drink on a daily basis.
When it comes to alcohol and cellulite, this is something that you are going to have to cut down on or eliminate. Alcohol is a toxin that can have negative effects on the body such as increasing the amount of free radicals in the system, slowing down the blood circulation, increasing fat levels in the blood, cause the body to store more fat and also cause problems to the organs that are responsible for waste removal.